As short as it might seem (a little over 300 pages), it took me a load of days to finish it. The idea of the novel is a clever one, but the writing style it was framed it was a bit off because it drew the attention from the actual serious themes that were being put in the scene. Spaceship Timeline shirt addiction, mental health issues, depression, and anxiety mostly, family issues, feminism, and so many others were exposed in this novel, but they weren’t quite as obvious as they should’ve been, because switching between the emails and letters and the other types of correspondence is, indeed, an innovation of style, but it is also I bit attention-tiring. I had some parts in the book where I was 90% sure that Bernadette is me as a mum (the other 10% stand for the fact that Bernadette is me IRL in my good days lol). Like I could really relate to her. Her personality is so interestingly beautiful that I could not stop thinking about how cool she is and I would actually love to be mistaken and find out that a real-life Bernadette Fox exists out there for me to meet with her.
Spaceship Timeline shirt, hoodie, tank top, ladies tee and sweater.
Also, another lovable character was Bee Branch, the daughter of Spaceship Timeline shirt, who is a perfect-grade child, who actually enjoys school and is into some kind of weird holiday preferences, like going to an Antarctica trip for Christmas. Kind of unexpected. But she’s actually my type of child, because, you know what, I might be into some weird-arse holiday preferences myself, you know, me and my inner child. I wonder how would my parents react if I would’ve had perfect grades through all of my school years just to make them take me to my dream-holiday, an African safari? (Probably unimpressed, but meh).